- 1. What Inspires you?
- I find inspiration in happy, carefree and out going people, that is what I aspire to be! Another source is the loving and encouraging words of my late mother that continue to echo in my ears and heart.
- An equal source is my loving husband and two daughters, who's love, laughs and affirmations can make me feel like a super hero on my crummiest day! Last, but not least, are my brother and sister in-law! Those two are unconditionally loving, available and helpful.
- 2. What would you say to someone that wants to get motivated?
- "If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you"- Fred DeVito
- Simple but very poignant. You can't keep doing the same things and expect different results- you must step out of your comfort zone.
- 3. Why is kickboxing appealing to you?
- The punching and kicking combinations are fun, challenging and as intense as I want them to be- every time! No matter my energy level a given day, I can always get a great workout!
- Besides the awesome physical exertion, I am so mentally engaged during class that my brain gets a nice break from its usual clutter. There's also something undoubtedly therapeutic about showing that wavemaster who's boss ;)
- 4. How long have you been involved in the martial arts?
- I've always had a passion for fitness and started training at KickFit in September of 2015. In addition to my training at KickFit, I am also a certified personal trainer.
- 5. What is your favorite...
- Food? My pop-socket says "pizza is life". I wholeheartedly agree with that!
- Favorite punch? Left uppercut
- Favorite kick? For this questions sake, I'm saying knees count as kicks. I love grabbing the bag and throwing a fierce right knee!
- Drill that makes you sweat? I once had a shirt that said "buck furpees"... Guess which drill???
- Guilty pleasure? Baking then eating what I bake! My girls know who gets the biggest cookie/ cake scrap!
- Quote you live by? It's one my Mom always used and I've adopted. "Live and let live!" This certainly doesn't apply to my hubby's annoying habits, but seriously, I do what works for me and let others do the same without criticism or judgement!